- sustainability Big Data Cynthia Figge social corporate responsibility sustainability performance ESG green SRI fracking climate change BP ratings Bahar Gidwani environment socially responsible investing Global Reporting Initiative GRI CSR ratings governance CDP CSR global warming CSRHub sustainability ratings Brand Finance corporate social responsibility Carol Pierson Holding UN Global Compact social investing
SEARCH CSRHub Blog
- Who Gets Hurt From Fed’s Weak Fracking Rules?
- Big Oil Talks the Talk Then Pulls an End-Run on Carbon Pricing
- Review of Sustainability Reporting Status of RepRisk’s Most Controversial Companies
- Benchmark Your Sustainability Performance on New Enablon Wizness Publisher
- Utilities to Scale Electric Cars and Distributed Solar
Tag Archives: social performance
CSRHub’s co-founder, Bahar Gidwani, has been invited to speak in New York at the Summer in the City 2nd Annual CSR Investing Summit. This all-day conference offers participants the opportunity to discuss experiences and viewpoints on how to define, … Continue reading →
By Bahar Gidwani In January, I fought through piles of snow to get to Providence, Rhode Island, to join a group of accountants and valuation experts. The goal was to discuss how sustainability-related intangibles could be included in company … Continue reading →
By Bahar Gidwani Publicly-traded companies are a big part of world economic activity. However, most of the world’s goods, services, and jobs are generated by privately held companies (including large, medium-sized, and smaller companies), not-for-profit enterprises (including foundations, schools, … Continue reading →
I hope more companies come to understand both points this HBR article makes regarding communication. First, companies need to develop metrics that enable them to track their own progress. Second, companies should contribute to the metric-forming process by revealing their policies and practices. Doing both will strengthen transparency, and give good-performing companies credit where due for the improvements they have made, and hopefully serve as a catalyst to “manage sustainability as a business megatrend”.
Continue reading →