- SRI BP Carol Pierson Holding Bahar Gidwani ESG CSR CDP fracking Apple sustainability ratings CSRHub environment climate change CSR ratings Sustainable Brands social investing socially responsible investing Cynthia Figge governance corporate responsibility green Brand Finance Big Data global warming UN Global Compact social GRI sustainability sustainability performance corporate social responsibility
SEARCH CSRHub Blog
- CSRHub and iCompli Sustainability Announce Partnership with New ESG Metrics Brief
- Accelerating Clean Energy Transition Effective Weapon Against ISIS?
- Why Do Some Companies Revise their Carbon Disclosures?
- Old Habits Slow Progress in Sustainability
- Symposium on Integrated Thinking, Drivers and Evolving Best Practices
Tag Archives: social performance
CSRHub’s co-founder, Bahar Gidwani, has been invited to speak in New York at the Summer in the City 2nd Annual CSR Investing Summit. This all-day conference offers participants the opportunity to discuss experiences and viewpoints on how to define, … Continue reading →
By Bahar Gidwani In January, I fought through piles of snow to get to Providence, Rhode Island, to join a group of accountants and valuation experts. The goal was to discuss how sustainability-related intangibles could be included in company … Continue reading →
By Bahar Gidwani Publicly-traded companies are a big part of world economic activity. However, most of the world’s goods, services, and jobs are generated by privately held companies (including large, medium-sized, and smaller companies), not-for-profit enterprises (including foundations, schools, … Continue reading →
I hope more companies come to understand both points this HBR article makes regarding communication. First, companies need to develop metrics that enable them to track their own progress. Second, companies should contribute to the metric-forming process by revealing their policies and practices. Doing both will strengthen transparency, and give good-performing companies credit where due for the improvements they have made, and hopefully serve as a catalyst to “manage sustainability as a business megatrend”.
Continue reading →